[pct-l] Tarp tent vs. traditional tent

Joel Ramey joel.ramey at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 03:58:43 CST 2008

This maybe the coffee or the lack of sleep talking, but here goes my
opinion.

If you have a tent that is sub lbs and are looking to shave weight, I don't
think that a tarptent makes much sense (economically $/lbs). If you want to
shave the weight, I'd look into just a tarp. It's cheaper and lighter, and
if you know how to use it, will provide adequate protection. Just add a
little bit of mosquito netting and you've got a fine motel room in the
woods.

Thats my 1000 lira

-Taildragger