[pct-l] Six Moon Wild Oasis?

Judith G twolegs at roadrunner.com
Sun Feb 17 12:22:46 CST 2008

Deems, I was intrigued by the Wild Oasis!  Thanks for pointing me in
that direction to take a look.  I like the bug netting "skirt" which
gives you the simplicity of a lightweight shelter that also keeps out
the mossies!

My main concern with this system is that you have to close up the
shelter just to "complete" the netting skirt and keep out the
mosquitoes, when the weather might otherwise be fine and you'd want
to keep the door open for ventilation and stargazing.

Currently, when I hike solo I use an 8-ounce SpinnShelter from
Gossamer Gear which has no bug netting, so I will be using Brett
Tucker's (www.simblissity.net) "Inner Peace", which he describes as a
"4-ounce bug free haven" which can be used suspended inside a tarp-
type shelter like mine, or outside the shelter all by itself using a
trekking pole for suspension.  The SpinnShelter and "Inner Peace"
together add up to 12 ounces, give or take a few, and provides me
with options ... in good weather, I always cowboy camp, and if there
are mossies I only need the bug haven.  In rainy weather, or where I
want privacy, I can use the bug haven inside the shelter if there are
mossies and still have plenty of ventilation.  Since I cowboy camp
most of the time, I don't want to carry a heavier shelter because I
won't be using it very much.

I am looking forward to hearing what others have to say about the
Wild Oasis.

Two Legs