[pct-l] Southbound Hiker

Brian Lewis brianle at nwlink.com
Fri Feb 15 16:32:23 CST 2008

I suggest that any potential SOBO thru-hiker read some trail journals of
folks who started out SOBO in that time frame last year and maybe some from
a couple of earlier years.  My recollection from reading some on
www.trailjournals.com <http://www.trailjournals.com/>  in 2007 was that the
majority of folks that started south out of Manning Park in June ended up
turning back due to snow, and this year is shaping up to be a particularly
high snow year in the PNW.  I have a cabin about 10 miles from Snoqualmie
Pass, and my wife and I were there yesterday checking things out and doing
some snowshoeing.   It is indeed about as high a snowpack there as I've seen
in the 10 years that we've had the place.

            Brian Lewis