[pct-l] Availability of fuel along the PCT

Will Hiltz will.hiltz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 11:17:54 CST 2008

Hi Senator-

Although I used a white-gas stove myself, I travelled almost exclusively
with folks using the soda-can stoves.  Everyone used the yellow HEET and it
seemed to work pretty well for them.  Its fairly easy to get a hold of,
although later in the season some places seem to run out.  I had a MUCH
harder time finding gas for my whisperlite than anyone using a soda can
stove.  Napa Auto parts stores abound in the mid-to-larger towns and they
should always have the heet you need.  One note- the red HEET should BE
AVOIDED-- its quite flammable.

YITOOD,

Easy