[pct-l] R I P Switchback

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Fri Feb 15 04:08:31 CST 2008

Switchback,
I plan to inscribe the following on your headstone some day.

    R  I  P
Switchback

Here lies Switchback the Pirate.
He raided, he sacked, he plundered innocent hikers.
He was the scourge of the trail, but deep inside of  him there was a
heart of gold that gave back to the trail more than he took.
Those who feared him never knew his heart of gold.
Does who idolized him will never forget his heart of gold.
Rest in peace you rascal you.

Until his demise, be nice to him and be thankful he donates so much of
his time to make this site a cheerful site and let him know, just once
in a while, that he is appreciated, for he is getting old and may be
with you for only a little while.

With this my friends, I will say...farewell,  so long,  Aufwiedersehn,
good by....it's been a fun ride and and hope to see you all on the trail
someday.
Until then ''Happy Trails''

JMT Reinhold