[pct-l] isopropyl alcohol as stove fuel???

Patrick Beggan meta474 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 00:19:42 CST 2008

Alcohol of any kind of not volatile at all. It's very stable,
actually, and even the most impure alcohol burns a lot cleaner than
any petroleum-based fuel. Isopropyl alcohol will work in a stove but
you don't want to use it, it has impurities that will dirty up your
stove. Best kind of alcohol is ethanol, as pure as you can get it.