[pct-l] Frog Togs vs. gore-tex jacket

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Wed Feb 13 22:03:53 CST 2008

Good evening, Jordan,

I use 'Toggs quite a bit for training around home, and I like them, but I don't carry them on the PCT.  My windshirt serves to repel the occasional, intermittent rain and if it seems more serious my shelter tarp has a poncho hood for better protection.  For the late-season in the north I use an over-the-pack parka/poncho arrangement, plus rain chaps.

If you do carry a 'Toggs top you could wear it over a sweater and not need a separate coat or windshirt.

Steel-Eye

^^^^^^^^^^  Serious hikers gather at:  http://www.aldhawest.org/  ^^^^^^^^^^