[pct-l] More Online Maps

Halfmile halfmile at pctmap.net
Tue Feb 12 11:58:22 CST 2008

Thanks Wheew.

One thing to note about the maps, that I have not  done a good job
explaining, and have been getting questions about, relates to water
report locations.

I have waypoints for almost all the water report locations listed at
http://www.4jeffrey.net/pct/ and they are printed on the maps and they
are (or soon will be) available as a .gpx download.

These waypoint names start with "WR" followed by the "Miles NoBo"
listed in the water report. For example WR213, WR222, WR226, etc. So
when you see waypoint WR213 printed on a map, you refer to the water
report to find out that this is the Mesa Wind Farm.

I also have waypoints for some water locations not found in the water
report. Most of these are water I found in June 2007 between Kennedy
Meadows and Crabtree Meadows where the water report does not cover.
These waypoint names begin with "WA" followed by the estimated trail
mile. Currently you have to reference my waypoint lists to find out
what these are, but I will probably update the Section G map to
include more information on the map about these waypoints.

All of these waypoints are recorded by my GPS while standing near the
water, so they should be accurate.

-Halfmile