[pct-l] Moncoulars and the Long Beach Presentation

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Feb 11 09:22:09 CST 2008

L-Rod writes: Only have one sad bit of news to pass along to Switchback.? In the National Geographic Adventurer magazine there was an ad for a?10 power 3.5 oz. monocular for $44 dollars . . .
Switchback replies: Yes, I saw the monocular over at the display area right away.? It is a Burton 10X-30X power monocular for $44.? Now here is the super sad news.? In the world of optics, you get what you pay for.? I knew right away that the Burton would not be any where near the quality of the Ziess $300 10X monocular that I have.?

Yes, once again the Trail Pirate will be spying out hikers on the trail in super clear optics.? Only then can I plan my attacks of plunder and sacking.? Only then can I leave many a campsite in?smoking ruins ----- hiker refugees slowly drudging into Hiker Heaven with tales of woe.

By the way, going through my gear for the Grand Canyon expedition next week, I came across TWO Burton 6X power monoculars.? They are now excess.? I think I will take them to the April Kickoff and donate them to the auction.

Your humble M&M's servant, Switchback the Trail Pirate