[pct-l] Resupply Reds Meadow, Mammoth Lakes, Muir Trail Ranch, VVR

Jim Keener lists at oldmanwalking.net
Sun Feb 10 15:35:27 CST 2008

Greetings,

The good news? The choices.

My two cents:

  - VVR
Fun. Part of the Sierra experience. Expensive. Time - it takes a lot
of it unless you plan well.

  - Muir Trail Ranch
$45 for holding a package. Off the trail. Dependable, friendly. Hot
springs.

  - Red's Meadow
Can cost for holding package. On trail. Hot shower - free. Campsites.
A-frame motel rooms.

  - Mammoth Lakes
Full town retail world. Great supermarkets. Fine gear store. Expensive
motels. Time. ML can be a time sink.

My plan? I'm tending towards sending a package to Red's Meadow and
spending the night there. Breakfast at the diner, the north towards
Thousand Island Lake, Donahue Pass, and Tuolomne Meadows. The Promised
Land. It's all good.

But then again, I might just want the VVR experience, or need to bail
to Mammoth Lakes. Choices.

Jim Keener ( J J )
http://oldmanwalking.net