[pct-l] Oregon 2008, skeeters & eucalyptus

OMullis omullis at aircanopy.net
Sun Feb 10 11:20:48 CST 2008

With at least a mention or two of the recent snows perhaps driving higher mosquito
density along the PCT in Oregon this year, I'm wondering what the tribal knowledge
says about lemon/eucalyptus-based repellents and their effectiveness, as compared
to DEET-based products, especially in the context of repelling the Oregon/PCT-brand
of mosquito?

Also, my planning is such that I'll be hiking Oregon during September. I know there are
plenty of variables that could kick in between now and then, and no two years are alike,
but generally, how would those of you familiar with that section at that time of year describe
what a one should expect in the way of bugs across the Beaver State in September?

Thanks for your time and replies,
Ollen Mullis
PCT-Or 2008