[pct-l] Google Earth bug - anyone?

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Fri Feb 8 19:51:16 CST 2008

>Has anyone else experienced the following phenomenon with newer versions of Google Earth:
>
>CDT, PCT, and other kml files of the long trails, when loaded into GE, don't actually display a trail
>line at the initial full-trail zoom level, and only appear (incrementally) when zooming in. Up close,
>all is well, but it's difficult to pinpoint specific portions of the trail to zoom into when there's initially
>nothing to go on.
>
>The problem only began when I updated from an earlier version of GE. Any ideas? Here's my
>current version info:
>
>Google Earth  4.1.7087.5048 (beta)

I have had similar problems in the past...  Don't have any idea what caused it - perhaps scrolling too
fast 'lost' the overlay?? - could scroll back past where it was lost, then it would be okay for a while...
It also seemed to have more problems during 'prime time' evening internet hours...
I currently have version 4.2.0180.1134(beta) at home and don't seem to have any problems lately,
though (not sure what latest version is, however - didn't check tonight before answering)...
Doubt if that is much help, but...................................

Happy trails!!!
Jim