[pct-l] Glowing Eyes

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Fri Feb 8 00:59:02 CST 2008

Tortoise writes: After all these years and you be a Marine!  Don't you know it's the ones you can't see that are really dangerous.  You don't have to fear Switchback in his bright day-glow pink bunny slippers.
Unsupported JMT Reinhold replies: Yes Tortoise, you are so right......but all those glowing eye balls all around me in the dark, when I'm all alone, they make me very nervous.
Switchback replies: Yes, this is part of the Trail Pirate's psychological warfare on the trail.  It wears down the traveler, so they are less resistant to attack.  It makes it seem like there are many more of us than we are.  Resistance crumbles before our onslaught.  Gear booty and hiker babes are carried off in a frenzy of plunder.  I must tell you that the hiker babes are treated with the greatest respect.  We need to auction them off later at a mountainman/Indian ruck --- only kidding.  We let them go unharmed after a ransom has been paid, but I had you scared for a moment.