[pct-l] PCT Atlas - Clarification Please

Pea Hicks phix at optigan.com
Wed Feb 6 19:21:14 CST 2008

Brian Lewis wrote:
> "one thing i just noticed about the pct atlas, or at least the sample pages
> that erik has posted, the mileages are quite different from the data book
> and guide books. one need only look at the total distance from the border to
> warner springs. the data and guide books say it's 110 miles. erik says it's
> 78 miles. that's not a margin of error i'm comfortable with."
>

> Where does he say that the 78 miles is to Warner Springs?  The demo he
> offers only goes to Scissors Crossing.

oooooooops my bad... i had noticed some discrepencies in a few of the
mileages on the first page, and so decided to quickly skip to the end,
which i had assumed to be warner springs because i thought he was giving
us all of section A, and i was just being sloppy, not noticing that it
only went to scissors. i also saw "highway 78" and mistook that for
highway 79, which is the highway that runs thru warner springs. i
normally think of the highway crossing at scissors to be S2, though of
course, you cross both S2 AND hwy 78 there.

sorry for the confusion!

girlscout