[pct-l] fuller ridge question

Greg Kesselring gkesselr at whidbey.com
Wed Feb 6 16:18:42 CST 2008

no doubt it's steep.  However, 60 degree slope is not walkable, you'd be
bumping your elbow into the slope.  60 degree slope looks vertical or
even overhanging to most folks.  45 degree is very steep, uncomfortably
steep for most folks.  I believe extreme skiing begins at 45 or 50 degrees.

Not to discount the steepness of this slope, but most of us tend to over
estimate slope angle.  I'd guess the slope angle of your first pic at
35, maybe 40.