[pct-l] time required for pct thru hike

lauren moran laurenmoran15 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 6 15:52:31 CST 2008

Is it feasible to thru hike the pct in 100 days? I know it's been done faster than that, but I guess I'm asking if it's possible to hike in less than four months and not feel like I'm killing myself. I like to push myself, but want to have fun too. In '06 I thru hiked the AT in 148 days, and I wouldn't have wanted to do it much faster than that. I've heard that most people are able to do longer days on the PCT than on the AT. If I'm able to do the PCT in '09 I'd wouldn't be able to start until May 1st or so and would have to finish by the middle of August. Let me know what y'all think. This is my first post, so I'm looking forward to hearing back. Thanks!