[pct-l] Hiking the end of Sec. C - California

Shutterbug steiner shutterbugg313 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 4 00:58:10 CST 2008

Depends on which DEEP CREEK bridge you are talking about.  The first bridge is near Lake Arrowhead off of Hook Creek Road.  The gate will be locked - so you will have 3 miles of road walk to get to Splinters Cabin and the PCT.  There might be 6 inches or less of snow until the bridge but after the bridge it should be SNOW FREE! The storm today is very warm and the snow that was there last Sunday would have probably disappeared by now.

If you need help with the shuttle --  I live near  Lake Arrowhead and get to Rt 15 in 30 minutes.

For the shuttle - would be best to leave car at McD's in the Cajon Pass - rather than double shuttling.

cvlabrenz at sbcglobal.net wrote:       Hi all,  my son and I plan on hiking from the  Deep Creek bridge to I-15 on from 2/15-2/17.  Is there someone out there  who lives in the area and can tell us if there's snow on the ground?  It's  pretty low elevation, but there's always a chance with the weather in SoCal  lately.

 Also, anyone up for a delivery to the trailhead at  Deep Creek, and a pickup at I-15?  We would like to leave the truck in Lake  Arrowhead Village rather than the trailhead.

 Dan