[pct-l] Ice Ax

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Feb 3 20:14:30 CST 2008

AsABat writes: As for a cover, to carry my axe on my G4 pack I used a piece of pipe foam insulation, notched to fit and reinforced on the ends with a little duct tape. It was lighter than the commercial cover, and I didn’t want to go without as I didn’t want the axe cutting up my pack.
Switchback replies: I wonder where AsABat got the idea to use foam pipe insulation?  I wonder what pal came up with using foam pipe insulation years ago for the World Famous Handsfree Umbrella Holder?