[pct-l] ounces

Marcia gottawalk at pacbell.net
Sun Feb 3 11:59:47 CST 2008

We are proud owners of crocs. Ken's weigh 12.8 oz, mine weigh 10.3 oz. We always leave them at home saving a total of 23.1 oz...a whopping 1 pound 7.1 ounces! So our 2 pound 11.75 ounce Garcia canister is only a net of 1 pound 4.65 ounces when the croc savings is figured in.

We saw a bear approach our canister then make a U-turn to another camp. It seemed that he recognized the canister, without touching it, and moved on. Rangers in Yosemite have asked us if we were carrying a canister. It's just visual.

If we really wanted I think we could reduce the canister weight by several ounces by sanding out the interior. The canister would still look right to the ranger and bears so it would retain its effectiveness. TIC

...GottaCarry