[pct-l] Another Hiker Trick - Cold Nose

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Feb 2 03:29:58 CST 2008

When sleeping at night my nose and cheeks get cold sometimes.  Here is  a way
to beat this problem.

Go to _www.BassPro.com_ (http://www.BassPro.com)  and search for  their
RedHead® Fleece Half Face Mask with nose vent.

The one I got at their store in Las Vegas is smaller than the one  shown.
Mine weighs .5 ounces and is a camouflage design for hunting and is  super soft.
 It simple attaches behind your neck with Velcro.

I use a light weight balaclava too for my head at night.  But I  like this
combo system best.  If I want to remove the half face mask at  night, I can and
leave the balaclava on.  It is nice to have that  option.

I figure for half an ounce it is worth if for a warm nose and cheeks at
night.  Of course, you could use it on the trail if it is windy and  cold.

Your pal, Switchback the Furnace

"If you look for the truth outside yourself,
It gets farther and farther away.
Today walking alone, I meet it  everywhere I step.
It is the same as me, yet I am not it.
Only if you  understand it in this way
Will you merge with the way things are."  --- Tung-Shan

48)