[pct-l] Snow Photos

katherine becksvoort kabecksv at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 1 20:06:33 CST 2008

Hey all you folks, worried about MoonPie and GiddyUP,Yup, we're fine. We weren't able to get online for about 24 hours as the sattelite was having too much difficulty with the snow.  We're still getting snowed on...about 8-12 inches each day since saturday. Crazy! Our snow stake stands at 6 foot 4 inches as of this morning. There are two photos here, I think (Ive had a hard time getting photos up to send out to folks as the satellite has been really slow going)...one of the front of the cabin from three days ago, and the other taken just after that when I was clearing off the roof with the home-made snow rake. Took four feet of snow off the roof! GiddyUp and I are caretaking this cabin for three and a half months for a non-profit organization www.goldmyer.org We are caretaking a backcountry hot spring....end of a twenty mile forest service road and then there's a gate, and then a four mile hike to get to the cabin. We are in that cabin, then another 1/2 mile hike to a 115 degree hot spring. Not bad. The cabin is about four miles from Snoqualamie Pass...as the crow flies.  We had all of our food and supplies brought in before the snows in November....not bad when GiddyUp was in Alaska and I was in North Carolina! Lots of logisitcs. But, we have propane for heat and cook stove and on demand hot water heater, with a hydro system that blasts electricity for the computer and lights and cb radio et all....and satellite for internet. We also have a backup woodstove if all goes to pot. IT's the most luxurious set-up either one of us have had compared to previous winter caretaking positions in Alaska and New Hampshire. So, we're scraping the roof off today again....and watching the pine marten chase the snowshoe hare around. He still hasn't caught it. Come for a visit? MoonPie

 PICT0001.jpg

 PICT0003.jpg