[pct-l] Water purification & Clorox...

Robert W. Freed robert at engravingpros.com
Wed Dec 31 22:56:00 CST 2008

> Is the use of Clorox a viable water treatment on the PCT?

Depends on your standards and the amount of risk you want to take.
I've been forced to drink some pretty rank water. Smelly trickle from a
muddy hoof print kind of rank. And other times got sick from drinking
from what I thought was clean glacier melt. Nothing like spending a
afternoon washing your pants in the High Sierras to make you a
filtered + drops convert. After decades of going bleach only, I now
carry a filter.