[pct-l] Leaving Shuttle Vehicle at Trailhead

Peter "OC" Dascalos peter at onthetrail.org
Mon Dec 29 23:03:04 CST 2008

I have hiked that section of trail 5 or 6 times over the past 4 years,
leaving a car at the lot where the trails crosses the 74. I have never had a
problem but I did take some precautions. I always cleared out everything
from the inside of the car, even the glove box and leaving it open. Also
never any towels or blanket as if I had something was covered. I did have
the Sheriff call my home one time inquiring if the car was stolen and
abandoned. After that I did hang my Adventure Pass to let them know a hiker
was on the trail...

Peter Dascalos
www.onthetrail.org