[pct-l] Selling: Marmot Pinnacle 15F Down Sleeping Bag

Patrick meta474 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 18:36:51 CST 2008

Hey guys, it's Joker! Hope everyone is doing well.
I recently was sorting through my gear and came across my Marmot Pinnacle
sleeping bag. I realized I don't need it and since I'm moving up to
Bellingham, WA soon I figured it would be a good time to sell it off. I
wasn't sure where to sell it at first but the backcountry.net mailing lists
seemed like a good first try.

This bag is really well constructed. I'm sure most of you have experience
with Marmot products and they're always very well done (DriClime especially,
I will, unfortunately, never be selling that piece of equipment. :P).

Anyway, this pinnacle is rated to 15 degrees fahrenheit. I replaced my
Sierra Designs Volt with it in Agua dulce at the REI because of a rip in the
Volt's drawstring. I used it only from Agua Dulce to Mammoth Lakes, where I
realized I was way too warm a sleeper to keep the Pinnacle through the rest
of the trail (I was starting to sweat at night).

It's in fantastic condition, like new. I just washed it with Nikwax Down
Soap and slow-dried it in a big commercial tumble dryer, it came out great.
There's so much loft in this bag it's ridiculous, it should more
realistically be rated to 10 or 5 degrees. If you're a cold sleeper and plan
on hiking the PCT any time soon, I highly recommend this bag.

Here's a link to a bunch of reviews:
http://www.outdoorreview.com/cat/outdoor-equipment/backpacking-camping-hiking/sleeping-bags/marmot/PRD_76825_2956crx.aspx

This bag currently runs $300 new at REI, I'm selling it for whatever the
best offer is. So email me if you're interested. I can hand it off
personally if you live in Bellingham, WA or I can send it USPS or whatever
otherwise.

Thanks guys.