[pct-l] To repel mosquitos, other insects and ticks

Carolyn Eddy ECPG at peoplepc.com
Mon Dec 29 15:31:10 CST 2008

A really good way to repel yellow jackets, but not flies, and I've never had
it work well on mosquitos, is AVON SkinSo Soft, the original version. It
stinks to high heaven but we used to spray it on the horses and they won't
land where it's been sprayed.

We once ran out after coating ahorse all except one leg with it, and she got
stung only in that area when we rode through a nest. No one else got any
bites at all.

I mix it with a little DEET but check for allergies on a small patch of skin
bcuase I had one mare who broke out bigtime from it. She had all white skin
under her white hair and it all swelled.

"Sweet Goat Mama"
Carolyn Eddy
www.goattracksmagazine.com