[pct-l] Don't plan, just do

Brian Lewis brianle8 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 21:09:14 CST 2008

Goodtimes said:  " ... That is why people should listen to what others have
to say, and then decide for themselves what they want to do."

Yup, we're singing the same tune.

I didn't connect "Jordan" with your trail name --- how is off-trail life
treating you?    If only you had planned better, I'm sure you wouldn't have
worn something like eight different hats along the way ... ;-)
Did the Indiana Jones plastic whip make it to the end?   What was your
whole-trip win/loss ratio at poker? (typically toted up in various units of
candy)    Meeting and walking with people like you --- nice folks that are
completely different from me --- is one of the really great things about
thru-hiking.

Anyway, we agree.  My daughter is considering hiking the trail this year,
and I told her she could plan relatively little, or as much as she's
inclined --- that a lot of people start the trail with almost no prep and do
fine.    I'm a planner, and for those that like to and/or feel more
comfortable doing advance prep and planning, I think they should indulge
that as much as they're inclined.   But I definitely agree with the idea
from both you and Jellybean (Lime Green or Licorice?) to not be too tied to
the "plan", the trail will surely change your plans for you.

Regards, and best wishes for a great 2009.

Brian Lewis / Gadget
http://postholer.com/brianle