[pct-l] Pink Motel for Sale.

Greg Mikol greg.mikol at ieee.org
Mon Dec 22 16:43:34 CST 2008

>Also there is an orginization that is buying and has
>bought other surrounding properties.  One of the neighbors
>told me he is working on a deal with them.  $50,000 for
>5 acres with a $1.00 a year lease back deal for life!
>They only want the land...

Anyone else skeptical about this? I know nothing about the trail down
there, anyone with some local knowledge know anything about this unnamed
"organization"?

This kind of thing sounds to me like mineral/resource extraction companies
(or even possibly wind-farm developers). e.g. "We own the land, and can do
with it whatever we want, but you're welcome to live on it for $1 per year
in the midst of flare-stacks, strip mines or wind turbines".

I don't like the idea of living on land I don't own. Leases and contracts
can be broken, and it's usually the party with more money that wins.

With all that cynicism out of the way, if I had an opportunity to make a
purchase like that in OR/WA, I would seriously consider it. Instead I guess
I'll just contribute to the Keene Creek acquisition.

--Greg