[pct-l] Public Announcement - Pirate Brigade

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Dec 22 02:53:44 CST 2008

In the time honored tradition of the  mountainmen, I announce the formation
of the Pirate Brigade.  Mountainmen  were always forming groups called brigades
to go on hunting/trapping  expeditions.

This will be a  special brigade for my big 2011 PCT thru-hike.  This is
going to be too cool.  We will have copious amounts of fun.  Many will  say we are
just Circling the Drain by our exploits.  We will marry Indian  women along
the way and shower them with gifts.  In the pirate tradition,  women Brigade
members will have the same rights as the males.  We would lay  siege to Hiker
Heaven, but Lightning Rod has built a big wall around it for just  such an
eventuality --- very smart.

Trailtowns will tremble at our  approach.  The PCTA and their MOU partners
will put out panic stricken  Trail Alert bulletins.  Much booty will be taken
from other  hikers.  Bounties will be placed on our heads.  Trail Angles will
like  us, since we will be grateful for these friendly ports-of-call.  The
Canadian border will be closed and sealed as we approach, but to no  avail --- a
pitiful exercise in futility by the local military  authorities.

Just contact me if you want to be part of  this exciting expedition on the
PCT.  I expect my mail sever will be  overwhelmed, but keep trying.

I thank you for your  attention.

Switchback the Trail Pirate
PS: I just remembered that I helped  L-Rod and Buzz Saw repair their front
gate the last time I was at Hiker  Heaven.  I made the compound stronger.  Not
good if you are  planning an attack.

Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.