[pct-l] (no subject)

jason moores jmmoores at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 16 18:16:26 CST 2008

Hello,

First, thank you Halfmile and Patti, your info was helpful.

Next, Melissa and I purchased Granite Gear Vapor Trail (and Ki) from Cliff Courtney at the Stehekin Ranch this summer. In '06 I saw many of these packs on the trail, and Cliff praised them highly. After several hundred miles with the packs we have zero complaints. They seem a great trade from our Osprey packs sinse dropping our base weights from 20 & 22# to 12 & 14#.

By the end of the thru-hiker season I had noticed that very few hikers were still carrying GG packs. Are there design issues that have caused this shift, or is it simply a matter of shifting taste? We would love to here back any practical experience that yall may have had with GG packs.

Thank you all,
chef