[pct-l] PCTA Membership

Postholer public at postholer.com
Tue Dec 16 12:37:42 CST 2008

First and foremost, I support the efforts of the PCTA in every way by my
actions if not my wallet.

The stark reality for the PCTA (and the PCT) is, results is proportional to
dollars. I get it but I don't have to like it.

My *perception* is that the PCTA is trying to squeeze every penny out every
PCT enthusiast via fund raising efforts, mail, email, memberships, etc.
Everytime I see an envelope in the mail with a PCTA label on it, I just
groan. They want money. My *perception* is the base is saturated by 'the
message'. Frankly, they make me feel like a whore. That is why I do not give
them money.

If you've seen my web site you certainly know the PCTA has a high presence
and that is the contribution I enthusiastically make. My
time/energy/technical abilities are a contribution I'm comfortable with.

Support the PCT via the PCTA!

-postholer