[pct-l] Start date / snow conditions / other concerns?

Lenny Leum littleleum at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 14 18:55:19 CST 2008

I remember from a previous post that it is not suggested to enter the high Sierras until around June 15th.  Since I need to finish my trip early September, I was looking at leaving from Kennedy Meadows June 1st (or maybe even a few days earlier).  I don't have much experience in snow conditions, but I'm pretty good with a map and compass, and I did the JMT last summer south to north from Mt Whitney to Yosemite (dumb idea but I guess it might pay off this year) so I at least know the path, even if it was in August at the time... any comments or ideas are welcome, thanks!