[pct-l] Sleeping Bag Ratings

Bob Sartini r.sartini at rcn.com
Thu Dec 11 13:21:11 CST 2008

So I guess the point is that if you are camping in 20 degree weather you can
not expect a 20 degree bag to be warm unless the air is still AND you are on
a pad in a tent. Is that what you mean? That the ratings are just some sort
of vague guideline depending on this that and the other thing. Not like,
say, shoe size?

So ... is a 20 degree bag good enough for the colder days on the PCT more or
less with a lot of caveats. What degree bag would people bring?

"EVERYTHING is in walking distance,"
    ......Bamboo Bob