[pct-l] Multi-fuel stove?

Will Hiltz will.hiltz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 09:58:50 CST 2008

I can partially field this one-

I carried a whisperlite in 2007 and it is possible to find fuel if you're
willing to look.  Many places will actually have white gas, and in a
majority of places you should be able to buy Coleman fuel, though you might
be compelled to buy the large gallon-size at times.  Hiker boxes also
sometimes have appropriate fuel in them.  Towns with outfitters of any size
should sell either white gas by the ounce or white gas in smaller
containers.  If you're using the Internationale you can, of course, also use
unleaded gasoline which is available at pretty much every stop.  The only
area of the trail I came close to running out was the Ashland-Sisters
stretch but only because both Crater Lake and Shelter Cove were temporarily
out of gas.

YITOOD,

Easy