[pct-l] Support PCTA

Judith G twolegs at roadrunner.com
Tue Dec 9 15:05:36 CST 2008

I've been away for a few weeks (alas not hiking, but with my husband
during his hospitalization at UCLA Medical Center) and have not yet
caught up with all the digests ... I only got as far as December 4,
where Rick Thalhammer's post (quoted in part below) reminded me of
something I wanted to mention to my fellow trail lovers ... the PCTA
is having some very important fund-raising campaigns right now, and
this is an excellent and crucial time to make a gift to our beloved
trail ... in particular a matching funds campaign that nets the PCTA
a $25 match from the Forest Service for every $10 donated to the
fund.  It's easy to do (even if scrounging up some bucks at this time
of year isn't), just go to http://www.pcta.org/ and the info is right
there.  My husband and I are choosing this Christmas to donate the
money we otherwise would have lavished on each other to (a) his
favorite charity (U.S. Navy Vets) and (b) to mine (PCTA).  Maybe some
of you would like to do something like this for the trail this year ...

Happy Trails,

Two Legs