[pct-l] Trail Fest Hiker Panel Sought . . .

Donna Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Sun Dec 7 14:20:45 CST 2008

Greetings and warm wishes to all from across the years and miles.

Trail Fest 2009 will be held in Portland, Oregon March 27-29
http://www.pcta.org/trailfest09.asp  As one small part of the outstanding
informational session offerings taking place on Saturday, March 28,  I'm
facilitating a panel discussing the southern California sections of the PCT.
I need to fill the panel and am looking for some hikers who would be willing
to discuss their experiences, strategies, and suggestions for California
Sections A-F.  This would be a shared platform, audience Q&A format, so no
formal presentation is required.  If you're able to attend Trail Fest that
day, and are willing to be a part of the panel, please contact me off list
at dsaufley at sprynet.com

I'm hoping to see lots of hikers, past and present, there supporting the
PCTA in its mission to protect, preserve, and promote the Pacific Crest
Trail, and having a good time with one another.    I know there are quite a
few hikers living in the general Portland/PNW area, and I'm hoping you'll
get the word out about Trail Fest to other hikers who may not be on one of
these mail lists.   Speaking of which,  I don't seem to have an address for
the Class of '08 nor years prior to 2003.  If anyone can help with those,
I'd be grateful!

For those of you planning a PCT hike, you can get all of the information you
need at Trail Fest, as well as access to all of the cottage industry gear
vendors,  guidebooks, and maps which will be at the vendor fair.

L-Rod