[pct-l] Bird of the PCT

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sat Dec 6 09:24:42 CST 2008

On Dec 5, 2008, at 9:04 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Bird of the PCT

Don't forget mourning doves. They fly toward water in the evening and
away from it in the morning.

And with most birds, they are usually near water when you see and
hear them so I considered them a sign that I was nearing a water
source. The ones at Barrel Spring were delightful. I watched them
bathe and drink for hours. I don't know what they were, but there was
a Western Tanager among a whole bunch of little bitty birds in
yellows, blues, reds and browns. And I did see the turkeys there, too.