[pct-l] PCT Training

Gary_Peterson at URSCorp.com Gary_Peterson at URSCorp.com
Thu Dec 4 10:30:23 CST 2008

Good morning all -

After a long hiatus from backpacking due to careers, kids, mortgage
payments, etc.,  my wife and I are getting excited about hiking again.  We,
however, are no longer 25 and are a little apprehensive regarding the
demands on long days, weeks, and hopefully months.  My question is, while I
have been running about 40-50 miles/week I have not had a backpack on my
back for 15 years.  Has anyone else made the jump from non-hiker-but-runner
to PCT through hiker and if so, what can I do to make that transition a
little easier.  My concerns are mostly about my feet and back.

Gary