[pct-l] Where your heart and mind should be to hike.......

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Thu Dec 4 08:23:12 CST 2008

“Men speak of dreaming as if it were a phenomenon of night and sleep.  They
should know better. All results achieved by us are self-promised, and all
self-promises are made in dreams awake. Dreaming is the relief of labor, the
wine that sustains us in act. We learn to love labor, not for itself, but
for the opportunity it furnishes for dreaming, which is the great
under-monotone of real life, unheard, unnoticed, because of its constancy.
Living is dreaming. Only in the grave are there no dreams.”

- Lew Wallace, in Ben-Hur