[pct-l] permits

Robert W. Freed robert at engravingpros.com
Mon Dec 1 13:02:09 CST 2008

I hiked the Cascades with the counter balance technique in '05. Had bear sign in the
morning with my food still hanging just fine. I've hiked the Sierras for years using the
same with no failures. I now use a can. I think it is a great deterrent. I was in Red's
Meadow this year and heard other campers fighting off bears during the night.
It was nice to just be able to put my ear plugs in and go back to sleep.