[pct-l] horse interests on the PCT

Kent Spring kjssail at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 28 23:33:11 CDT 2008

>Would like to know if anyone recently has ridden the PCT (as much as
>possible) in it's entirety? Planning to do that in 09 and would like to >make contact with equestrians.
>Gray-haired rider
>Susan

Hi Susan -

There was a fellow this year who went by the trail name of "Mendorider".   He rode thru California (NoBo).  We played trail tag for a few days in the desert/Big Bear area.  He was doing about 18 miles a day, and had his wife providing some support and other riders occasionally helping, as well.  He was originally from Mendocino, and was active in the long-distance trail riding community.

I don't know his name, but might be able to dig it up if it is important.  You can contact me off-list if you want me to keep digging.  I don't know what his plans were for the snow areas, but believe that horses sometimes follow lower altitude trails at times.  That is certainly true around Crater Lake.

Peace, Kent