[pct-l] positive vibes

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Tue Aug 26 00:25:10 CDT 2008

Good evening,

I was at the Ramona Falls trailhead Saturday on a PCTA trail maintenance
crew and also saw the new memorial.  It seemed to me to be in the best
sprite of such a memorial:  It was meaningful, significant, and enduring.
Fortunately, it's up the trail a bit from the parking area where the
drive-through vandals probably won't see it.

That is the trailhead to a popular, high-traffic hiking area.  When I
arrived
at 07:30AM I was the third car in the lot.  When the crew returned in the
afternoon I counted over 60 cars in the lot - perhaps totaling 120 people.
During that period on the PCT I saw only one thru-hiker.  I was working on
the Muddy Fork footbridge tree when she hiked by and we talked for a while
because she was someone with whom I had corresponded via PCT-L.

Steel-eye