[pct-l] Rotton Apples

Wes wb104475 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 24 16:58:23 CDT 2008

I respect Scott and Joe's accomplishment, fire closure or no

fire closure.

Those who have raised valid questions re the legitimacy of said

record have been insulted and dismissed by some on this list.

If the hike was done for personal reasons, why make a public

announce on the PCT-L?  If it's a public record, why not stand

and defend the accomplishment?

Dismissing Joanne's evaluations as "rotten apples" is nonsense

in my humble opinion.  She lays out a substantive case for her

opinions and does so pretty respectfully given the degree of

acrimony surrounding the PCT RECORD HIKE issue.  Agree with

her or not, without a clear refutation of her conclusions, one must

allow that none exists.

Wes