[pct-l] Thanks Sour Grapes!

joseph kisner lostonthecrest at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 22 22:57:34 CDT 2008

I kept this subject on the list where it belongs. I do not care how or how much a person hikes, I only care how much impact they leave behind. I do not hide behind a fake trail name, and insult others, I stand up like a man for my actions or comments. I contest laws and rules, when I do not feel they are right. That is my American right. I did not follow others down a narrow highway, for that was far more dangerous, and I still remember Jane and Flicka. I stayed on the trail where it was safe, and was allowed to procede by law enforcement, who by the way are still following our hike, with admiration. We posted for others safety, when we came upon a problem spot. I do not desire to go over the unsupported subject, for I am the previous record holder and therefore make the rules. The only people I care to answer to on this subject, is those who came before me. I did not do this for bragging rights, I did this as a personal goal. I know it will be broken soon, maybe by me if I am lucky enough to put it together. If not, by someone else, for sure. What you probably do not understand is that I hike the PCT because I just love being out there. I have a family to support, so my time is short, I was fat, so why not push my old body back to shape. 71 days is just a number, a thru hike is what its all about. In fact maybe we could name it conventional thru-hiking speed record just for you.
 Where I am getting at, is I am saddened for being away from the trail, my friend, and I have to go back to work monday. I only ask of you all who want to argue to please not e-mail me personally. When I have a bad day at work, I promise to go to PCT-L and rip you a new one, but I am not such a low life to e-mail anyone personally with insults. I still welcome all the many wonderful e-mails, for I am saving them all. By the way, I am going through all the video and photos, and I can not wait to make them available to you all, with respect, peace, joe