[pct-l] ice cave collapse near Snoqualmie

Eric Lee (GAMES) elee at microsoft.com
Fri Aug 22 14:05:43 CDT 2008

Dicentra wrote:

I didn't even know there WERE ice caves at Snoqualmie!! YIKES.

This was apparently at Denny Creek, which is a little to the west of Snoqualmie Pass.  I've seen the ice cave there in other high-snow years; there's a place upstream a little ways from the Denny Creek waterslides where winter avalanches run all the way down the mountainside and slam into the creek bed, building up a huge pile of snow.  Over time the creek excavates a huge tunnel through it and it looks really neat.  I've never actually set foot inside it, though, for exactly the reason that those two boys discovered.

Eric