[pct-l] PCT 09'

Pea Hicks phix at optigan.com
Fri Aug 22 13:11:05 CDT 2008

L7imbo at aol.com wrote:
> If the group will take another broad, newbie question:
>
> If one was to start in the first week of October (2008), would it be better
> to begin at Kennedy Meadows and hike south to Campo, or from Campo to Kennedy
> Meadows?
>
> I'm obviously most interested in thoughts on weather and water, but  rambling
> advice on any other matters would also be much appreciated. Hope to do  it in
> no more than 40 days.
>
>>From Florida, L7

well, it's a bit of a toss-up. your main potential trouble spots, as far
as snow is concerned, would be the san jacintos, bernardinos & gabriels,
which collectively lie right in the middle of the stretch from campo to km.

i suppose there's a slight argument in favor of going sobo, since
generally speaking the further south you are, the later winter
conditions will arrive in the mountains, and the nicer/cooler the
southern desert temps will be by the time you get there.

girlscout