[pct-l] prospective '09 thru-hiker... 32 degree bag enough?

Julian Plamann julian at amity.be
Fri Aug 22 03:04:45 CDT 2008

Hi all,I'll be thru-hiking the PCT next year ('09)... starting at the
kickoff, but will pace myself so as to not hit Kennedy Meadows before a week
or two into June.

I have nearly all of my gear choices figured out and tested, except the
sleeping bag. I have a Western Mountaineering Ultralamina (32 degree) bag
that I really like and was hoping to use for the length of the trail. I'm a
warm sleeper and am hoping to avoid unnecessarily spending money on a 20
degree bag if I can possibly avoid it. Do you all think the 32 degree bag is
doable?

Thanks for the advice and hope to meet some of you on the trail next year!
-Julian