[pct-l] Andy Basque

Henry Shires hshires at jps.net
Tue Aug 12 16:37:06 CDT 2008

I know I speak for all of us on the PCTA Board when I say that we're
all in a state of shock.  We've lost a family member, friend,
thruhiker, and voice for the trail.  On a personal level, I had the
great privilege of spending 4 hours alone with her driving back from
Manning Park to Seattle after last month's PCTA board meeting. In
those 4 hours we moved from colleagues to friends.  I will never
forget that space and time and will cherish her memory for the rest
of my days.  Climb on, Andy, and set some routes for the rest of us.

Henry