[pct-l] Southern Oregon report - Section C & D

Dr. Ritchey A. Ruff ruffwork at ruffwork.com
Sat Aug 9 02:29:22 CDT 2008

Section C I just hiked from Aug. 2-4 and it is dry, no snow, and not to
many mosquitoes.  All seasonal creeks are DRY DRY DRY.

Section D I just hiked from Aug. 5-8 and it is quite dry, little snow,
and LOTS of MONSTER mosquitoes.  Head net is required.  My hands are
swollen like with bites upon bites.  I hiked the alternate Oldenlake
Route and it is SO SO full of mosquitoes.

I spent 7 days on the trail and loved every minute of it: got to meet
some of the pack (Sparky on day 2; Dejorno (?) day 3; a whole mob at
Crater Lake - Annie Springs!).  Had to leave today due to an old knee
problem that flared up again.  I'm going to beat the Dr. over the head
with my bloody stump until he tell me how to fix this to get back ON THE
TRAIL.  Got to start at OR Section E next year ;-)

Fugitive: carry more water & enjoy the bug net!

-ruffwork

(I'll be posting photos tomorrow from section C & D Aug. 2-8, 1008 so
check my blog at www.ruffwork.com).