[pct-l] Cannibalism among lost hikers

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Fri Aug 8 05:09:49 CDT 2008

Unsupported writes: YES, When lost in the wilderness, the urge to resort to cannibalism may surpass camaraderie to survive.
Seems to me that I read somewhere that Pirates resorted to cannibalism when they had too much rum.  Beware of the Trail Pirate.
Switchback the Trail Pirate replies: By the way, if there are reports of more smoke and may be fires along the Eastern Sierras this weekend, it is just me.  I plan to sack Lone Pine and Bishop.  And the trailtowns in between too.  I will be in Lone Pine today, Friday, and Bishop on Saturday.  This will be one of my periodic road trips into hiker country to goof off.  No rum, but strong ice tea.

Yes, tonight I will be in the Jacuzzi at the Dow Villas Motel after a nice meal at the Merry-Go-Round.  I might drive up to Whitney Portal if I really feel adventurous, but I don't want to over do it and show off.