[pct-l] Knee Surgery

Linda Rostad lindarostad at verizon.net
Tue Aug 5 13:33:45 CDT 2008

I had knee surgery January 15th to repair a torn meniscus. I started my hike
on April 3rd which was too soon for me. I should have taken the time to
completely heal. I also have arthritis in the same knee which does not help.
The consequences of taking too much Ibuprophen led to my emergency
evacuation from Purple Lake on July 2nd. You can read about my adventure and
evacuation here: http://www.creativedigitalimages.com/pctblog/

I recommend taking the time to heal and then strengthen your legs to avoid
another injury. It is probably too soon to know if you can hike next year.
My knee is getting better now that I am home. My hiking days are not over
yet. I look forward to returning to the PCT next year. Good luck.

OneStep. Linda